HOW TO AVOID PRETERM LABOR AT PREGNANCY?
Understanding Preterm Labor
Typically, labor at pregnancy woman is happen between the week of 38th and
42nd after the last menstrual period. If the labor is start before the beginning
of the 37th week, this is known by PRETERM LABOR. The start of labor is happen
with regular construction from the uterus. The cervix thins out or effaces and
opens up (dilates), so the be bron baby can going to enter the birth canal.
It isn't known exactly what causes start of labor. Hormones which is produced
by the mother and fetus is play a role. The labor could be start because of
these hormones that make the changes at the uterus.
Because of some reason, the preterm labor could be happen as a normal process
and start earlier, or this also could be start because of some other problem,
such as infection of the uterus or also like amniotic fluid. For some cases,
the cause of preterm labor is unknown.
What is the Sign of Preterm Labor?
Although some case of the preterm labor is unknown, but if the pregnancy woman
know the usual sign of preterm labor, then it could know earlier, and with some
prevented action, the hope for prevent or postpone is available. If we could
postpone the preterm labor, then this will give the baby more time to mature
and grow in the uterus. Even the postpone only for few more day.
Sometimes the signs of preterm labor may be easy to detect. Below is the list
of warning signs about preterm labor. If you have any of the signs, you should
call your doctor quicken.
- Watery vaginal discharge, this situation enough to make the wet underwear
- Any vaginal bleeding before 37 weeks
- If you experience any of the following for 4-6 hours or longer: Pelvic or
lower abdominal pressure, constant, low, dull backache, mild abdominal cramps
like a menstrual period, with or without diarrhea, regular contractions or
uterine tightening, often painless
- Constant backache or pressure without any other signs is not likely to be
- Ruptured membranes (your "water breaks")
If the pregnant woman are having contractions:
- Drink 16 oz. of a non-caffeinated beverage, lie down, turn onto your side,
and count the contractions for an hour.
- If your contractions are occurring more than once every 10 minutes (six
or more per hour), call your health care provider or nurse right away.
- If you have had very short labors before, call soonert.
The pregnant woman should have early prenatal care if the risk of preterm labor
is already know, also have the more enough rest is recommended. See the doctor,
and get more often for the test. The pregnat woman should stop the unhealth
habit such as smoking or drinking alcohol for the safty of the pregnancy.
More Sign of Preterm Labor :
- Contractions, the pregnant woman may or may not have pain,
but your abdomen or stomach will get very hard (a feeling like it is tightening)
and then relax, on and off.
- Menstrual like cramping, the pregnant woman may or may
not be uncomfortable with these cramps, but they feel like the cramps you
can get before or when you start your menstrual period.
- Gas type pains, the pregnant woman feels like sharp pains
in stomach, or like a stomach virus. You also can have diarrhea or nausea.
- Low pelvic pressure, the pregnant woman feels like the
baby is putting a lot of heavy pressure down very low inside.
- Low backache, it can be a strong or a dull ache.
- Blood from your vagina, it can be either light spotting
or more blood like during a menstrual period. Blood can be red or brown in
- Increased discharge from your vagina, this is much more
discharge than what you are used to during your pregnancy. Can even be a sudden
gush of a lot of water, or a small trickle or leak of water that is continuous.
Discharge can be watery, pinkish, or brownish in color.
The dehydration also can cause the preterm labor for pregnancy woman, so it
is recommend for drink enough water to avoid dehydration for the pregnancy woman.